We pop that open and my happy smile falls.... I smell red peppers! Aaaahhh, there's a few things I really don't like, especially in tomato sauce - and red peppers is definitely one of those things!
So here we are, chicken with onions and pasta cooking away.. and no sauce!
Dun dun dun.. the birth of a new recipe: Piccata in a Pinch! Enjoy this when you're in the mood for a lemony, wine, butter sauce full of deliciousness. Chances are most of this stuff is on hand in your pantry already.. it was in mine thankfully!
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced into medium pieces (cooked- We put ours in the crock pot on high for 2 hours when it was originally frozen)
- 1 lb of your choice of pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic gloves
- 2 oz. of cream cheese (reduced fat works great)
- 1/2 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of white wine
- 2 large pats of butter
- Dash of basil, parley, salt, and pepper
- Cook pasta separately while making the chicken with sauce.
- Saute onion and garlic with olive oil over medium heat.
- After a few minutes, add chicken pieces to the mixutre and continue to cook until the chicken browns just a bit.
- In a small bowl, combine italian dressing, lemon juice, cream cheese, wine, butter, and spices. Add this mixture to the saute pan with the chicken.
- Simmer sauce for at least 5 minutes. It should smell awesomely like butter and wine.
- To finish, top pasta with sauce and enjoy! Yum!