Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Posted by MsAnnieBelle
Scientists have done many important things, admittedly, but their latest discovery is one I wish I'd thought of long ago - CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH DIP! All the great things about cookie dough - the texture, the flavor, the sinfulness - without all the health hazards of cookie dough - i.e. raw eggs and wheat flour (for Gus)!
I stumbled upon this recipe while perusing Tastespotting and made my own modifications. Create, enjoy, improve and mangia people! This is some deliciously awesome stuff.
- 1 pkg of cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup big granule white sugar (if you have it, otherwise increase powdered)
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Any additional mix-ins you'd like!
1. Melt butter on medium-low heat in a skillet. Add brown sugar and stir until butter browns and has a nutty aroma (you're creating brown butter).
2. Set butter and brown sugar aside to cool. Combine cream cheese and remaining white and powdered sugar.
3. Add butter/brown sugar mixture to the cream cheese mixture. Combine and add chocolate chips/any other mix-ins.
4. Serve with sliced granny smith apples, graham crackers, or even a bagel! Hey, it's basically Cookie dough cream cheese after all! Nom!