Recently, my dear friend Laura (aka Ooroo) shared with me a one-sentence dinner that is too good not to pass along. What do I mean by one-sentence dinner? Just what you might imagine, here's a delicious recipe that I can tell you from beginning to end, in one scrumptious sentence...
Combine one can of Cream of Mushroom soup, one seasoning packet of Ranch dressing seasoning, 1 lb of brisket or chuck roast in a crock pot and cook for 7 hours on low for a yummy, easy dinner that'll impress any dinner guest.I've nicknamed this dish "Mini-Brisket" since it's a poor-man's slightly quicker version of my Nana's incredible, only-a-Jewish-grandmother-could-concoct, brisket recipe.
Here it is, step-by-step, in case you need more than my lovely sentence above.
- 1 lb boneless chuck roast or beef brisket (brisket is picture above)
- 1 package Ranch dressing seasoning (Hidden Valley is my preference)
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup (Try Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic if you're a garlic fan)
- Water (as needed)
1) Place the meat into your crock pot and top with the entire seasoning packet.
2) Add the entire can of Mushroom soup.
Steps 1 & 2
3) Fill the soup can 1/3 full with water and add to the space surrounding the meat (this liquid will add to the awesome gravy that forms around the brisket).
4) Cover crockpot and cook on LOW for 7 hours. If you will be away for longer than that, set the timer for 7 hours and then it'll revert to the Keep Warm setting (at least, on my Crockpot it will). For the record, I've let my brisket cook for 8 and 1/2 hours on Low and it was still perfect when I got home!
5) Serve with rice or mashed potatoes (and some veggies if you have any) and enjoy a meal that takes only one sentence to say and literally 5 minutes to prepare (and photograph!)