Recent Posts

Friday, January 22, 2010

Dun dun dun - Office space!

Hinted at on Tuesday, inspired partially by last Thursday, driven by my growing need to have a place to create awesome in an official capacity - I give you, my new office space!


THE BEFORE


THE AWESOMELY AFFORDABLE AFTER



 

 









Oo. Storage, score.


I know, I know- I kind of told you guys that I'd be squeezing the office into the entryway nook. In the end, I pushed my dining table forward a bit and now my office is all part of the main hub of my place and I'm really enjoying that. 


Want to know the best part about this office? Not counting my lovely computer, this space cost approximately $100.00 and everything, aside from the computer, is available for you to purchase right now in the places I bought them from. 

I'll provide links on Monday - til then, here's a breakdown. (For me, the best part of this actually was the fact I used all holiday gift cards so my office was basically free to me, huzzah!)


Black and white picture frame (Already owned but from Ikea) - FREE
Pens, Pencils, Scissors (Already owned) - FREE
Storage Hat Boxes (Came as 3, two are pictured, Ikea) - $9.99
Glass Jar for Pencils (Ikea) - $2.99
Small greenish glass bottle and small greenish glass cup (Part of bathroom set that came with two other pieces, Ikea) - $2.99
Black Ceramic Lamp Base (Target) - $19.99
Black rimmed Lamp Shade (Target) - $9.99
Stem of White Flowers (Target) - $1.99
Magazine Rack (Using for Screenplays mostly, Ikea) - $19.99
White Shelf Ledge (Target) - $10.99
Desk ($3.99 Table top plus $4ea. legs, Ikea) - $19.99
Chair (from Dining Table) - FREE
Pack of 3 Clipboards (Staples) - $4.99

-----------------------------------------
Total - $103.90

Have a great weekend folks! I'm hoping to create some incredible things in my office space between now and Monday. Happy decorating to all! Love to hear what you think of the space.

-Annie

5 comments:

Kate said...

That looks awesome! Great job!

Dolores said...

I love the way you incorporated the clipboards to serve as a message board. The entire space looks fantastic!

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Looks so great and you did it so economically!! Great job. Enjoy your new space!

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

I love your walls. That screenplay/magazine rack is awesome! The whole space is wonderful!

Be Colorful Coastal said...

This looks great. Kudos. I heart the stripes and the lamp is amazing. Very similar to the one in my laundry room post. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails