Here's how to make your own amazingness tonight...
- 1 lb of gluten-free ziti/penne noodles or regular wheat noodles (if you can eat 'em)
- 3 and 1/2 medium sized mild sausages, grilled then sliced
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 26oz jar of spaghetti sauce (we used Classico Tomato and Basil)
- 1 8oz pkg of reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 12 slices of Provolone
- 4 slices of Mozerella
- 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan
- Garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste
- Grill sausages and slice into small discs. Set aside.
- Set water boiling in a large pot for the pasta. Saute onion and zucchini with a dash of salt, pepper, and garlic powder on medium heat until mostly cooked through.
- Add the sliced sausage to the mixture. Stir for a few minutes, then add your spaghetti sauce and turn heat to low.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix the sour cream and cream cheese together.
- When water boils, cook the pasta for a little more than half the normal cooking time then drain it. It'll cook the rest of the way in the pan with the sauce.
- Once your pasta is ready - here's how to assemble:
-- Use pam or olive oil to coat a 9 x 13 glass pan
-- Place half the ziti noodles on the bottom of the pan
-- Place 6 slices of provolone as a layer
-- Spread half the cream cheese mixture over the provolone slices
-- Top the cream cheese mixture with your sauce
-- Repeat once more (rest of ziti, provolone, cream cheese, remainder of sauce)
-- Top sauce with torn pieces of your mozerella slices and your shredded parmesan cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes and allow to cool for 5-10 before eating. Mangia!
My salt and pepper bird shakers are like... "Dude that looks nom, right?"