Recent Posts

Monday, January 11, 2010

A-Flix - My Top Movies of 2009


I work in the 'biz and am a bit of a movie buff so I couldn't resist making a great list of 2009. Mainly I'm doing this for my own benefit, but I hope it inspires you to check out some wonderful movies from this year.

ANNIE'S TOP 10 (in order, best first)

Up
Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince
The Princess and the Frog
The Brothers Bloom
Up in the Air
Avatar
Away We Go
The Proposal
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Sherlock Holmes

In making this list and perusing EVERYTHING that was released this year, I realized a few things. 

1) There weren't a ton of notable movies, for example, I never thought I'd put The Proposal  on my list but really, it was a lot better than most of what was released this year. 
2) There are still several films that have major buzz that I've yet to see and are therefore not included above: Invictus, Precious, and The Hurt Locker just to name a few. 
3) I think it's kind of funny that I thought Sherlock looked terrible but ended up seeing it AND liking it enough that I added it.
4) Avatar is only on the list because it was too important to filmmaking visually not to include it.

5) Probably the most important lesson of all, while Princess and the Frog is a Disney classic in my eyes and particularly special since I was working for Disney when it was released- Up is most definitely the best movie made in 2009. Not just animated movie, but movie overall. One of the most heartfelt, genuinely funny, and captivating movies ever - Up has convinced me that Director Pete Docter is truly onto something brilliant and I can't wait to see what he does next.


So how bout you? What made your list this year?


1 comments:

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Great list. I have seen so few movies in the theater this year that it's not possible for me to make a list and this way I can appreciate yours! Thanks...gives me something to add to my Netflix queue.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails