Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Quick Bedroom Makeover - Adding and Subtracting Furniture

My dear Valentine reminded me this weekend that I need to get back into the swing of home decorating for the blog. With that little nudge (and a little help from Wishpot), I began a long dormant makeover of my bedroom.

Here is the dreaded, incredibly messy BEFORE...


Now let's subtract Lovely Little Nightstand and the $10 Nightstand, clean, fluff, and add TWO beautiful accent tables on major sale at Target...

AFTER





Literally, the only thing I added/bought for this room were two accent tables from Target, marked down from $60. They each have two small dings so I was able to get them for $40 minus 10% off. 

Ah, the power of a little cleanliness and some gorgeous flowers from my Valentine.

This is just the beginning for this room but it already feels sooo much more relaxing. I don't dare show you the other side of the room - that's where the giant mess is hiding! I'll keep you posted on the progress but at least this is a sweet step in the right design direction.

5 comments:

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

You found some great tables. And your bedroom looks bright and cheerful. Great job so far!

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

lovely!! :)

alice said...

Nice fix! Looks sooooooooo much better!!
smiles, alice

Miss Mustard Seed said...

What a great after. I love the dark wood tables against the light walls. The bedding is so pretty as well. Very nice choices. I really need to find new night stands for my bedroom as well...

Tiffany said...

So pretty, I need to get mine done!
-Tiff

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails